ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scott35 Offline OP
Broom Pusher and
This thread may be used to discuss the items posted in the Technical Reference section, under the topic:
Member Contributed Motor Control Schematics - 2 of 2

Feel free to discuss, ask questions and comment these items with ECN Member "Pinemarten", who contributed them.

Scott35
new 09.12.2003 22:48:00 for Pinemarten

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

D
Pinemarten

Thank you for posting motor control schematics. I'm familiar with the style of 2.1. I've worked in a stainless steel hot strip mill for 25 years (about 5 years too long). It looks like a General Electric style control scheme. What type of equipment does it control? I would think all of the new stuff coming out now is plc based and looks a little different. Having done both, I prefer plc.
The second schematic, 2.2, looks European. We have some Davey gauge control stuff that resembles that. Takes awhile to get used to but good stuff.
Did these drawings come from your job? What do you do?
Don

P
Both are schematics for ski lifts. 2.1 is circa 1968 and 2.2 is circa 1983. 2.2 is 1/9 pages. There is another thread on this board with more detail.
Major upgrades are expensive, so equipment is replaced with the original style.
2.2 is European and I have seen the style changes in schematics from '83 until present.
I left that mountain in Aug '02 and now I work in PVC extrusion.
I started working industrial full time in '98. Beef processing, ski 'hill', and now PVC.
I was amazed that most schematics were photocopies and hand drawn. I started 'digitizing' them at the ski hill. All the posted work was done by me alone with a simple 'paint' type program.
It was a daunting task at first because I tried it with CAD programs that weren't suited to electrical. I decided to start from scratch and 'do my own thing'.
I have a simple system for digitizing 'decrepit crayon-on-napkin scratches' to a .bmp/.jpg/ etc file so they can be updated/printed etc by any electrician.
I have some new PLC stuff I have been working on, and hope to submit it when time permits.
When I eventually retire, I hope to run a schematic converting company from a laptop on a beach in Fiji.

Link Copied to Clipboard