ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
The attached photos show telephone cable installed in such a way as to make me forget what I was doing and overlook for a time the supports missing on cables. If anyone recognizes the location, please do not state where it is. I asked permission to post these pictures as long as I did not say where they were taken.

1- The flexible conduits (and cables) need supports within 12" of the cabinets and at 3' intervals thereafter across the deck. NEC 350.30, 356.30

2- The flexible cable connection to the receptacle box is damaged and requires support as above. NEC 350.24

3- I should have checked the telephone cabling inside the hose, it must be listed for a wet location. The raceway (garden hose) is not listed for its use. NEC 800.4, 110.3(B), 800.6

4- The receptacles were GFCI protected by a breaker, but the cover was needing to be weatherproof while-in-use. NEC 406.8 (B)(1)

Shane
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No, no way... definately no way... Please tell me when the NEC said "Garden hose is a permitted raceway?" (Question not comment.) At least you can do what I know somebody said in another post, "Saving materials by combining water and electrical service." I'd like to see that hose connected to a faucet...

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Link Copied to Clipboard