ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Tinseltown:

[Linked Image]
Here's a work order that I got the last couple of days:
"Make safe for demo. Mark circuits/conduits to remain with fluorescent orange paint."
Well, they demoed it, orange paint and all. #1 Gee, looks like somebody's had a little office hooked up to the house panel so they didn't have to pay for their own! (and the rat got away)
[Linked Image]
(these are @ the corner of Hollywood Blvd and Highland) A major intersection in Hwood, each within 50' of the infamous "stars" on the sidewalk [Lou Costello and Gloria Swanson]. Looks like "all that glitters is not gold" ehh?

- Electure (Scott)

N
Every time I go to Hollywood (a very rare occurrence) I am surprised at what a dump it is. The pictures look like something you would find at a typical side street. These pics must be right next to all the new construction. I don’t know what it is called now but when it was being built it was called Hollywood & Highland. Does this project have anything to do with that? What is it going to be? They were supposed to leave some of the wiring? Looks pretty gutted.

BTW- there was two men killed on that Hollywood & Highland job. An Iron Worker and I think a Laborer. Very tragic. The GC didn’t seem to care much. You know, expendable people in the Superintendents eyes. (We did that job and our insurance Co. rep came to a seminar. He used that project for more than one example.)

I'm very sorry to hear of the tragedies. This job is a little 2 story on the opposite corner, destined to be another "acting workshop". Should be OK when complete. There's a gutted 10 or so story across the street undergoing renovation. The wind was blowing 2' pieces of insulation down into the street all day long.
On the way back to my van at the end of the day I was grabbed by a "model", scantily clad in red patent leather, doing a photo shoot. She just had to get some pictures with me (maybe it was the filthy bib overalls and tool belt?). What a nuthouse!! I drove like h*** to get out of town.
Fortunately for me, I won't have to go back (I hope). I pity the foreman that gets this one.

G
Geeeez El,
I've had dreams like this one, and YOU'RE running? [Linked Image]

On the other hand, working at the prison, ya see all those movies about working at a female prison, I assure you, it takes about 8 seconds flat to make ya know they were NOT telling the truth. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard