ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 143 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#116439 04/02/04 02:24 AM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Found these at an "Authority" in "Sports" goods store, in a nearby community. Seems like they wanted to guarantee that the horns were visible, and audible, even if they weren't installed quite to Code!

They're run to 1/2" EMT which is bent at an angle to fit it into place, and then was screwed to the shelving rack unit with what appears to be a drywall screw.

- DougW

#116440 04/02/04 05:25 AM
I
We do a lot of warehouse stores and this is how they have us locate the horn strobes also.

Yes we do make a lot on call backs as they do get broken, knocked off and crushed by the forlk lifts.

What are you going to do, in this area you do the Fire Alarm off of stamped and aproved drawings, if we do not follow them we will be back charged (for delay of ocupancy) when the FD inspects and wants the HS where shown. [Linked Image]

Bob

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
#116441 04/05/04 12:49 PM
F
The designers and specifiers need to visit the jobsite, or at least follow up on the as built conditions. We had a job where I work that was new construction of a dairy milking parlor. The entire milking and processing area had to be tiled to meet the requirements for hot water(180 deg.)washdown. The engineer specified
smoke detectors in the exit corridors(tiled,of course). Ever try using a smoke detector in a shower?
We got permission to convert the wet locations to 200 deg ROR heat detectors. We also added raintight covers to the signalling devices.

Link Copied to Clipboard