ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#106776 01/27/05 07:31 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
(submitted via Joe Tedesco)
Was at a restaurant checking out a complaint when I noticed the under canopy light fixture.  Reminded me of an incident in the Phoenix area where I was sitting at a cafe counter with heavy light fixtures over the counter area. I was eating and the waiter was busy cleaning the fixtures a quarter turn at a time.  There were some people in the rear of the building I knew, so I went to talk to them, and when I came back one of the fixtures had dropped and smashed my plate.  The waitress was telling people how there had just been someone eating there and it fell right after he got up.  Apparently the waiter only turned the fixture one direction and all of them were probably ready to drop.  I checked out of my motel room and headed for home.  Next time I came to the cafe I noticed there were no light fixtures over the counter.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
there was one fixture missing from the restaurant yesterday, and the fix didn't seem much better than the problem.

- codeenforcementguy
[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#106777 02/01/05 09:16 AM
Now that's not the first time I've seen wiring like that at a light fitting. [Linked Image]
Like you CEG, I was sitting in a local restaurant one day and there was an explosion from overhead and a cloud of black smoke came out of the cord entry.
Luckily this one didn't fall, it was solid brass and glass sheets.

Link Copied to Clipboard