ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, ampherder), 263 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
H
HEI_Inc Offline OP
So, I go to the basement project to finish trimout. The customer had called a few days earlier and said, "You need to change the light in the bathroom. It sticks out too far. I bought a new one. Repackage the old one in its box."

Now, if she had said, "Would you mind changing the light in the bathroom. I just don't like it." I would have said no problem.

This customer is a bit of a PITA. Just to be nice I change out the fixture. She calls that night and says, "You installed the fixture in the bathroom upside down and the light in the stairwell is just hanging by the wires." I said, "I installed the bathroom fixture the way the picture demonstrated on the side of the box and I never removed or installed the light in the stairwell."

She said, "But the salesman said I could install the bathroom fixture either way and I wanted it the other way."

Ok, she had a conversation with the salesman who sold her the fixture BUT never informed me that she wanted the light installed upside down. I said, "You never told me that you wanted the light installed upside down. I can come back and reinstall the bathroom fixture and hang the light in the stairwell properly but I will have to charge you for my time."

She said, "No, I am not paying you to come back. I will call the GC."

I said, "Ok, if anything changes please give me a call."

Later that day I call the GC to ask if the HO had called. He said, "Yes. She said there are a couple of lights installed upside down."

I said, "The bathroom fixture was installed as per the drawing. The stairwell light I never touched."

He said he will fix them when he returns for his trimout.

The HO acted very indignant when I said I would charge her for returning. Some people....

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
L
Been payed up till now? If so smile and don't look back.

Ive had people complain about DETACHED garage lights freaking out. After changing a Kitchen GFCI.

I won't even get into my friends (auto mechanic)Friverlous claims.

'Just keep walkn' and don't look back' (great song)

Link Copied to Clipboard