ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 407 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
G
My employer is trying to develop a list of common and not so common electrical parts with a simple reference code tied to the UPC code for each item. I'm thinking someone has already done this, although the list may be proprietary. Has anyone got any ideas about where to find an existing list of this sort?

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
P
If you had a handheld scanner you could walk thru one of the big box stores. Then download it to a PC.

Also I've heard of some suppliers sharing codes. The problem is weeding out 10's of thousands of things you don't want. Also some of the bidding software has links to UPC codes.

A
I got a list of maybe 3000 materials with a UPC codes in a estomating software package. Besides that I know the Craftsman has a material list but I don't remember the numbering system. Home Depot had a free estomating CD but I believe it costs $20.

What it seems like is the UPC depends on the manufacture. Box stores seem to use a SKU number.

Smaller supply houses have a code of the manufacture name abreviated with the manufacture number or a easy discription. Like SIEMQ2100, or PVC 1/2.

It seems like there are a number of systems out there.
I top of that keeping the prices current without a costly subscription may be difficult.

Also numbering systems can be copywrited. I'm not saying you enter in manufacture data. But if a product was sold it would be something for the seller to look into.

Link Copied to Clipboard