ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#158779 08/23/06 09:30 PM
S
During a recent 4-wire Dryer install Lowe's had delivered a new dryer and asked me which cord to use, I told them 4-wire. They changed their cord. After they left I decided to check their work. They had no connector on the cord, ( they told the homeowner that they could not make it fit and really did not need it ).Also they did not remove the neutral bonding jumper. I called them and told them it was wrong. Their response was that it was a standard install and did not need a license to do this work. Am I wrong thinking that this work was ok?.

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#158780 08/23/06 10:03 PM
K
Your not wrong at all... maybe the local inspector should get a call and be told .. its crazy that thet could leave it like that.. But I am sure it is done many times everyday around the country..

Makes you wonder ??

#158781 08/24/06 04:58 PM
S
I e-mail the state electrical inspector. This is reponse. ( you really need to contact Richard at the Department of Consumer Protection with questions regarding licensing.) This is what I sent them. (Hello,
My name is Sam and I have a small question. I am an E-1. During a recent 4-wire Dryer install Lowe's had delivered a new dryer and asked me which cord to use, I told them 4-wire. They changed their cord. After they left I decided to check their work. They had no connector on the cord, ( they told the homeowner that they could not make it fit and really did not need it ).Also they did not remove the neutral bonding jumper. I called them and told them it was wrong. Their response was that it was a standard install and did not need a license to do this work. Am I wrong thinking that this work was ok?. Thank you for your time. Sam) Nice reponse!

Link Copied to Clipboard