ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#156834 07/16/05 12:23 PM
D
Saw an invoice form one of the contractors in the area today.

Supply house guys showed me a copy.

70yr old woman, living alone.

$7900 200a upgrade.

One of guys called the local news channels to get them, to set them up on camera.

Hope they do it.

Dnk.....

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
#156835 07/16/05 02:05 PM
G
Don't you all have a local Bunco Squad or Catch Scam network. I carry the numbers to both in my van and will give them out to any customer. Even though I said you should get every penny from customers I have never presented an invoice that I would be afraid to stand in front of a Judge with. This is how you know if you are a business man or a crook. So long as your prices are in line with what is accepted locally you are all right, when you go over you are gouging. I base mine on 20% less than the most sucessful contractor in the area ( featured in EC&M magazine, business success ). I would think that $7900.00 is out of line for any area. If there is a loan involved there are normally predatory lending laws that may have been broken. But just because she is a 70 year old woman living alone does not mean that laws have been broken. What if they had to dig a 400 ft trench and rewire half the house to make it safe. I was just reading a price for trouble-shooting on another site and it sounded excessive , but with further reading you get to the many burried boxes and other hazardous code violations ( BX ground used as neutal and a lot of do it yourself wiring ). I think they submitted a large bill for 34 hrs. for two guys and didn't state the age of the home owner. My brothers and I try to do such things for our mother but we don't have any doctors in the family so it's impossible to protect her from everyone.

#156836 07/16/05 08:41 PM
R
Hey Dink,

Let me take 3 guesses who, and I'll bet I get it by the 2nd try.

#156837 07/17/05 09:05 AM
D
Redsy, your 2nd guess would do it.

The L word.

Real dummy here, he actually bragged about it, and let the supply house copy the invoice.

Wondering if somehow, I can use it on my website, which is still in the making, but I better talk to a lawyer first, may have to "blacken" out the contractors name, and possibly the customers name and address.

I'll let you know.

Wait till you see my bucket truck, guys did an awesome job.

Dnk....

Link Copied to Clipboard