ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#90379 11/19/04 06:32 PM
G
I am an Electrical Inspector and have been one for 20 years. Prior to that I was an electrical contractor for about 12 years. I have been up through the chairs of the IAEI Michigan Chapter. I hold a Master license and currently am an inspector and teach off campus for Michigan State University. I assumed that this forum was designed for not only contractors but persons such as myself to post questions and offer code information. If I am wrong please tell me and if you choose to delete my post please give me the courtesy of an e-mail. I don't understand why Joe Tedesco's off base remarks about Mustang electric were not edited out.

George Little
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#90380 11/19/04 07:05 PM
Administrator
George,

You most certainly are not wrong about who the site was designed for. Editing Threads is a tossup, and flack seems to come from somewhere no matter what is done.

Frankly I did not see it until after some others had already commented, but I do believe the best thing to do (and the most considerate to the original poster) is to return the thread to the point before it went astray. Being that others have been involved in it I sometimes think that some airing time of the 'rebuttals' gives people a chance to understand what is going on before it gets changed and there are less people left wondering what happened.

The next time you see that thread it should be back on track again.

Bill

#90381 11/19/04 08:15 PM
D
I don't know what you guys are talking about (Be Nice, Joe!), but I appreciate your experience and input, George.

Dave

#90382 11/19/04 09:53 PM
For those who read my post before it was removed, I offer an apology (including you Joe). [Linked Image]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis, Utility Power Guy

Charlie Eldridge, Indianapolis Utility Power Guy
#90383 11/19/04 11:49 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about
I missed something too, but I hope we can get back to where we were.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#90384 11/20/04 12:56 AM
G
Bill I watched the whole thing and I still don't understand what the problem was. Joe seemed shocked that Mustang was actually asking questions about things that he was doing in his business and that perhaps he should be paying for the advice. Others pointed out that this was the Electrical Contractors discussion group and the free exchange of information was one of the objectives of the group. I thought it was over. Then it seemed to get out of hand.
Vote me for "free exchange of information". Anything we can do to help our trade in making safe installations for the customer is a win all the way around. I have nothing against people who sell knowlege but I respect people who are willing to give it away. I have to say Joe is probably the single biggest contributor to my knowlege in my early days, along with Harold Endean and the others from the old Secret Society of Electricians. They never charged me a cent.

Greg Fretwell
#90385 11/20/04 09:49 AM
E
I don't know what happened but I do know that "I apologize" should be our national slogan. [Linked Image]

#90386 11/20/04 10:28 AM
Thanks Greg:

I was simply expressing my personal opinion and was thinking out load. I am not looking for any business here, and at one time and even now there are sites who ask to be paid for information, such as over on the Expert Area at Bob Villa's board.

I have no problem with the questions, and I apologized, and if we were all in the same room and we were able to express ourselves we would laugh at the whole issue.

I didn't read Charlie's post but I can imagine what he said!!

When I see him again I am going to challenge him to a beer bust!!

Bill I watched the whole thing and I still don't understand what the problem was.

Joe seemed shocked that Mustang was actually asking questions about things that he was doing in his business and that perhaps he should be paying for the advice.

Others pointed out that this was the Electrical Contractors discussion group and the free exchange of information was one of the objectives of the group.

I thought it was over. Then it seemed to get out of hand.

Vote me for "free exchange of information". Anything we can do to help our trade in making safe installations for the customer is a win all the way around.

I have nothing against people who sell knowledge but I respect people who are willing to give it away.

I have to say Joe is probably the single biggest contributor to my knowledge in my early days, along with Harold Endean and the others from the old Secret Society of Electricians.

They never charged me a cent.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant

Link Copied to Clipboard