ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#84911 05/15/03 03:32 PM
B
boxford Offline OP
I was recently reviewing the definitions in Article 725.2, in particular the Class 1 Circuit, Class 2 Circuit, and the Class 3 Circuit. By reading the definitions it was still unclear to me exactly what all of these circuits are? If someone could tell me how the governing bodies decide the requirements to differentiate the classes and give me a watered down interpretation of what the definitions mean that would be fantastic.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

D
It's a lot easier to point you 'in the right direction' than try to explain it to you.

Check out the EC&M Magazine website (ecmweb.com)...they have quite a number of articles on this subject that should help clear this up for you. This site has a 'search' engine that will take you to back issues for many years...you can search by subject, article title, author, or date.

Aug. 2000 - 'Classifying & Using Class 1,2,3 Circuits' by James Stallcup is very good.

Jan., Feb., & Dec. of 2001 - Mike Holt has several articles on 'Technology Wiring' - this includes Class 1,2,3 wiring circuits.

Link Copied to Clipboard