ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 476 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
Last week I saw a posting about a 13 minute video clip available for download. It showed what happens when a meter arcs when being removed. I downloaded the clip but it didn't work so I deleted it and now cannot find any trace of the video. It is common practice here for inside wiremen to pull meters off residences even though it is not utility policy. I am doing an arc flash study and need some visuals to further my case against the practice.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
S
I can't really help you with that.Just the other week I had to re-circuit some motor loads.When I went to verify rotation I used my rotation tester that you can only use on de-engergized circuits.That went off pretty good.Momentary loss of vision permanent loss of meter.Poo poo happens when your working 480 live at 2 A.M.

F
Oooh..that is a bad day - or night. Also need to watch out for DVMs that need to be CAT III but are not really CAT III at 600v. Some are rated CAT III at a lower voltage so you have to look at the meter itself - they can self destruct and proceed to an arc fault. I just returned a shipment that looked like it was CAT III but further investigation revealed it was not.

Gidday there Findthelight.
How about having a look at this link:
Pulling meters

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 03-12-2006).]

Link Copied to Clipboard