ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#187879 07/13/09 12:08 PM
P
petey_c Offline OP
After much consideration there's really no safe way to ask this question. Background info: Attic access scuttle (hole) is at the opposite end of the house I'm working in. Back and forth across about 40' of ceiling joists. Had some cheap a** foam rubber knee pads (single strap), that kept inverting themselves, catching the ladder on the way up, or on a joist. What brand/kind of knee pads do you folks recommend? Thanks, pete

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
petey_c #187880 07/13/09 01:09 PM
G
I introduced the idea of using knee pads to the guys in SW Florida when working under raised floors in computer rooms and we tried several types. The ones with the hard white cups seem to work the best for us. The all foam type seemed to be the worst. The real problem is keeping them on your knees when you are walking around. If they are not properly positioned when you kneel down they are useless and you don't want to have to keep pulling them up.
It is amazing how much better you feel at the end of a day crawling around if you do have good knee pads tho.

Greg Fretwell
gfretwell #187881 07/13/09 03:04 PM
Cat Servant
I have found the 'built in' pads that you use with Skillers work trousers to be quite adequate for all but the most demanding applications.

Advantages? They're always there when you need them, and you can walk normally. www.skillers.com or
http://www.skillers.com/Skillers/

For severely demanding applications - as in, several hours on ice-cold stone - the absolute best are hard rubber with foam linings. The hard plastic ones slide around too much, while you have already discovered the problems with the cheap sponge rubber ones. I'd check 'tactical supply' places like Brigade Quartermaster for them.
Try: http://www.brigadeqm.com/cgi-bin/ta...mp;celSourceId=ALT3&celTargetId=ALT4

renosteinke #187882 07/13/09 03:31 PM

I've got a classic case of "electrician's knees".

I use the gel filled kneepads available from HD.
(I also use gel filled insoles in my work boots)

Link Copied to Clipboard