ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#147316 07/17/02 09:37 AM
A
I remember a few years ago at my high school a teacher who had an odd power strip. This thing didin't have sockets like a normal strip, but instead it had two long, semi-open slats. With this, you could push (ungrounded) plugs into each slot. You could, potentially, pull the plug back and forth along the device, kinda like a bus-bar. Anyhoo, has anyone ever seen these? It "smelled" rather odd to me, and I even questioned if a device like that would be UL approved.

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
B
Remember one on a TV-repair workbench when I was a little punk. Grandfathered pre-polarization, I guess.

M
AO:
I have a couple of those strips, which I keep around basically for curiousity sake (haven't used them in years due to lack of grounding). It's called a "Tap-a-Line". I have one that's about 6" long, and another about 12". I think they also made a longer one, something on the order of 18". They also have a small screw hole at each end for permanently mounting them to a surface (after all, what could be more convenient than to have something you could plug a dozen appliances into simultaneously [Linked Image] ), and also do not have any OC protection. Given the right circumstances, you could really put one heck of an overload on one of these things!

Mike (mamills)

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 07-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 07-25-2002).]

M
Bjarney:
You're not saying that now you are a big punk, are ya'? [Linked Image]

All Kindness intended...
Mike (mamills)

Link Copied to Clipboard