ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 466 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#282 01/09/01 11:39 PM
D
doc Offline OP
Was handed my evaluation for 90 days with the company I work for. When I got down to the part that says" safety and safe work habits " I nearly fell over they had marked it" barely meets requirements " When I went to work for this company they were allowing a guy to wire circuits not only hot but he didn't even know which wire went where or a color code ,might have a blue grounded conductor a green wire under the cover screw or the the conduit was used for the grounded conductor,had no idea of how to read a meter other than if neddle moved it was hot.Had no idea of what an MSDS SHEET WAS ,all employees just using chemicals with no protection at all ,Well I put a stop to all of this and started training and explaining why you do it this way or that way .Would think that any safety at all is more than what they have and yet I'm sub standard .Hate using the word I so much. This is a hard pill to get down

MAY THE SUN SHINE ON YOUR FACE IN THE MORNING AND YOU AWAKE WITH A SMILE
#283 01/10/01 12:00 PM
My sympathies doc, how ironic that they consider themselves holier than thou after all you have done... And maybe I'm just an ornery old cuss, but I'd be handing in a resignation.

Have you discussed this with your supervisor? Could've been a mistake...

Or maybe politics are playing a part here.

I worked for a company who's favorite phrase was "see no evil" every time I had a concern with a code violation. I now own my own company.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#284 01/10/01 12:31 PM
G
Yeah Doc. It is hard to work conscientiously in an environment where ignorance is the norm and production and profit is the ultimate gauge for employee value, until someone is injured or killed. I agree with sparky66wv. Check the OSHA website and other sources for a company in your area that has had a recent accident or penalty. If it was a major accident and they have survived and are hiring, their attitude may be a lot better.

If you hate using the word "I" so much, just omit it and use sentence fragments. I don't have a problem with it either way. How can someone express personal experiences and opinions without using the first person? That is what makes these forums so interesting. Anyone who wants to read professionally edited and proofread material can buy books. There are probably no grammar teachers reading these post anyway.

[This message has been edited by gpowellpec (edited 01-10-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard