ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
It is a long shot but I'll give the ol' college try.

I am working with a group of people who have been tasked with a project. We are automating a remote water system and we are in a need of a specific type of solenoid water valve. Here are the specifics.

The valve must be a 1" 2 way normally closed valve with mechanical latching in the open position. The release mechanism to release the latch must have a 12V dc coil rated for damp location and must meet NSF 61 requirements for potable water. If is does not meet NSF 61 but other standards for potable water, that may work.

I have found multiple valves but missing one of the required elements. I have talked to ASCO directly, the make of Red Hat solenoid valves. The ones they do have are either non latching, do not meet NSF 61, or just too small. Being up here in Alaska, I am somewhat limited in pounding the ground. Being a plumbing fixture, I am not all that familiar with what is out there as reputable and quality valve manufacturers. Quality and reliability is essential being that it will be an unmonitored safety valve. If any of you who have worked on critical processes that involved potable water may have worked around something similar. Any info would be helpful. I know that we as electricians don't normally go out to spec and buy water valves but it does not hurt to ask. You never know what is out there. Thanx

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
L

B
I second the Valworx products. They can custom build you a valve as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard