ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Hey my fellow sparkainators, I posted a recall from CPSC for the popular Honda EU200i portable generator. I myself don't always drift down that far on the board however if you have puchased a new one within the last year, you definently want to check it out.

Stay safe

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Cat Servant
Popular?

How can a generator that sells for 6x it's competition be 'popular?'

Wait. It is bought by many. It has a great reputation. It's quiet, tough, reliable. It runs forever on a thimble of gas. It's power quality is excellent.

Not quite the same as the Chitty-chitty-bang-bang version you can find at the auto parts & imports store.

OK, so no one's perfect. Oops. Compare this 'voluntary recall' though, to the lie & deny practiced by so many firms, whose "guarantee" is only an assertion that if anything breaks, it must be your fault.

There are lessons in this story.

Considering what the east coast has been through, I'm sure there's a few out there.. My company has a bad habit of buying gens on the cheap (Harbor Freight)so they tend to last a couple years (maybe!) A guy I work around has a Honda 2KW generator going on about 7 years old..

H
I am in northern NJ with John and we survived Sandy. The destruction around here was terrible Downed lines, poles, transformers etc. Lost power for 6 days and some people around here lost power for 2 weeks. Last Monday I had 15 new permits to plane review. 10 of them were for generators. Most gen sets were for whole houses gens.

M
Here in southern New England only a small amont of people lost power. But, it was still for two to four weeks. And all the home improvement stores were sold out of generators until recently.

Link Copied to Clipboard