ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
W
Is anybody familiar with this panel? I have more detailed questions, but don't want to bother typing them out unless someone can help with this particular panel. thanks

J
hey...I may be able to help you out. I used to work for a mircom distributer and was factory trained on this system, i have'nt touched one in a few years...but I think i have all my docs here somewhere.

L
I think I got some too. (small conventional system).

W
Ok here's a brief description of what I was doing. I did the original install last yr of this FA system. It's an addressable system, to replace an old conventional. This is at a gas plant so there are quite a few explosion proof devices outside of the control room. The long and short of it was ,the Uv/Ir (flame detectors)that were part of the original system they wanted to keep and put on the new system. New rigid pipe and new wires were pulled to every device. Ran class "A" from the control room to each device and returning in a seperate conduit. Each device on it's own monitor module inside the control room. So these detectors were in some cases were as old as me, or older. And since swapping over systems they haven't been working properly.Finally They got 2 brand new detectors, and I swapped 2 out. All went acording to plan until we started testing them. Apparently when I was out in the yard doing the swap over, the electrician in the control room landed the 24 vdc. leads on the wrong terminals at the f.a.c.p. he put them on the non-resetable power. Which wouldn't have mattered however the devices would latch in alarm and not reset. So simple solution is to putthe leads on the resetable power. Did that and now the 2 new detectors go into a class "A" trouble. Now I'm scratching my head. as to why? this happened. Most likely I left out some very key info in this post but I'm trying to remember and type at the same time. Originally I tried wiring these things with the trouble relay in series with the alarm relay. alarm relay n.o. and comm, and trouble contacts n.c. and comm. put jumper from comm of trouble to n.o of alarm. Land 2 black wires on comm of alarm, one red on alarm comm, and one on n.c. of trouble. thereby if the device goes into trouble if opens the loop creating the class" A" trouble. So after opening thedetectors up checking for proper voltage(we had 25.4 vdc.) and dip switch settings stilll scratching my head. Why there was no trouble on non resetable power, swap to resetable and the device goes into trouble.....

J
Uncheck "Class A Inputs" in FX config. Or Install a seperate
module to handle the trouble contacts. Set this module to non latching supervisory. Resetting the FACP opens the 24v briefly which causes the trouble contacts on your detectors to open. This creates an open in a wire that is supposed to be class A.
All class A troubles are latching.

Link Copied to Clipboard