ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#69911 09/23/06 07:54 PM
G
GA76JW Offline OP
The company I work had their Employee appreciation day cookout today. We had it at Zoo Atlanta. It was a very nice thing to get to walk around the zoo all day. Still didn't get to the see the baby panda as it was behind closed doors.

Anyway to get to the main point. They had door prizes for those who attended and I won a very nice set of screwdrivers. It is Pratt-Read. They are made in USA. It is a 10 piece set and it starts out at a 2 1/2 inch shank flat head control type screwdriver to a 10 inch shank flathead monster screwdriver. The set has 3 phillips heads mixed in various sizes.

I just wanted to pass along the fun I had today and say I still love this trade.

Thanks for reading.

Philip

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here

#69912 09/23/06 08:12 PM
S
As a 47 year old 3rd year apprentice take all the good days as you can. Gone are my old days of scheduleing & one peice flow. Enjoy the day off and remember it. They are few and far between. Glad you had a nice day. Remember there are other things out there than just ( the trade). Your introduction into the wild kindom (as it was for me in the 60s with mutual of omaha wild kindom) hopefully will be a beginning. Appreciation of the wild life that surrounds us is a gift in its self.As a former Navy guy begin to appreciate all things that were put here not just that they are here but as a Gift. They are to be explored not Exploited!! As a former navy diver who's eyes could not be corrected with 70s technology i saw things that were as beautiful as they were terrifiying. The box jellyfish, Whose tenicles can kill, to the bottle nose dolphin who we owe a dept of gratitude. To the puffer fish, who"s toxin tetrotoxin may hold a cure for cancer,one of the most deadly toxin"s on the planet ,Hopefully this will give you a glimpe into our animal kindom, And I will not forget the fastest land creature on the planet, THE CHEETA, Who"s very existance depends on the protection of it"s habitat, The only land animal who can run over 70 miles per hour in short bursts.!!!
Steve

[This message has been edited by steve ancient apprentice (edited 09-23-2006).]

#69913 09/23/06 10:37 PM
Looks like Steve may have set a new record for number of edits of a single post! [Linked Image]

Mods, what is the most number of edits in a single post on the site so far?

Another worthless bit of trivia to brighten your day.. [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.
#69914 09/24/06 08:41 AM
S
MXSLICK,
That what I get for rambleing on about something I care about. The beer and the lousy keyboard skills dont help much either. Eithere way I hope everyone has a great day& glad I made you smile.

#69915 09/24/06 09:38 AM
R
I don't know what the most was but here's a secret for editing, when you edit more than once just delete the "edited" line each time, you will only have one after you're done.

BTW, good topic Philip, I wish for good days like this for all of us. [Linked Image]

Roger

#69916 09/24/06 06:43 PM
My good day will be this week when I get a new traffic signal (hobby), and another Mac Computer (hobby.) The best day I've had yet? Making my first $20 a coupla weeks ago with a friend, cleaing up some rubble from a bath remodel. Mine went towards the aforementioned traffic signal and computer; his went towards his girlfriends' (as in more than one) lunches. The BEST day I'll ever have is seeing him evicted and his house crushed and replaced. Then again, any good day for me is cheering on, and getting stared at by, the guys crushing a house.

Roger is right with that edit trick. If I didn't do that, I'd be the record holder!

Ian A.

[This message has been edited by Theelectrikid (edited 09-24-2006).]

Is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?
#69917 09/27/06 10:45 PM
C
just finished tying in 3000A switchgear. biggest thing i've ever touched. my jorneyman is a gentleman and a scolar. if he ever leaves this company, i'm going with him!

#69918 09/28/06 02:43 PM
Working on a screening room for a major IP company, and to boot they may donate some old gear to the University I work for!! The job has been fun so far...

Steve:

You're welcome and thanks for the compliment. I can get quite long-winded too when I talk about certain things, like Digital Cinema... [Linked Image]

edited to add: or shared neutrals... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by mxslick (edited 09-28-2006).]

Stupid should be painful.
#69919 09/28/06 04:48 PM
G
GA76JW Offline OP
I'm glad to see some other people are having good days too.

Today the general contractor had a topping out party for all the subs. They had Moe's cater the event and gave away raffles. The same guy I sat with at the company picnic was sitting next to me as I won a door prize again today. When I got back from getting the prize he told me he wanted me to pick up some lottery tickets for him. [Linked Image]

I got a T-shirt and a hat with the general's logo on them and a 30' Stanley tape measure. Not a bad haul for a nice day.

"If common sense was common, everyone would have it"-not sure, someone here

#69920 09/28/06 06:01 PM
S
I had a great day today. Days like today are few and far between. I got the news that I passed another 5k square foot new home (service included), and.... passed a major renovation job I'd been working on the past 2 months. Both were rough wiring inspections. And to top it all off, the helper I've been teaching has really come a long way.

Link Copied to Clipboard