ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#69407 09/08/06 06:52 PM
L
LK Offline OP

W
Bastards!

Thanks.
His bail has been set at $10,000 with no 10 percent, so he's probably stealing twice as hard to make bail. [Linked Image] I hope he and his "fence" both get caught and sent to a cell block full of wayward tradesmen.

I won't even stop for a sandwich or soda at a place I can't see the truck. I guess my paranoia is not unfounded after all

B
There are stories of people working in pairs at the Big Box parking lots, one follows you around the store while talking to the other one on the cell phone who is out there ripping you off.

L
LK Offline OP
"one follows you around the store while talking to the other one on the cell phone who is out there ripping you off."

It's a weekly thing around here, but the local police don't usually release it to the press , makes everyone feel safe, if they don't know, i guess, i was shocked to see piscatway police release it, hats off to piscatway police for doing the right thing.

"Security guards that patrol the Lowe's parking lot on Centennial Avenue chased a car on Wednesday morning after they witnessed a man break into an electrical contractor's van"

It looks like Lowe's. at least has security in the lot.

[This message has been edited by LK (edited 09-08-2006).]

S
That's just wonderful, I live in the next town over!

Wanna know what divides the two towns from one another?

East Jersey State Prison.

Nice, huh?

P
I used to work for Lowes before I walked out. It depends on the store and if a Loss Prevention person is working that day. It's actually funny to see an LP chase a guy after getting a customer's car, considering that my store had 7 cars (3 of them twice) stolen, broken into, or tires slashed, and Lowes said Tough Shizzle.

The worst thing is I work in a bad community, we have 1 LP working 40/hours a week. That's 66 hours a week with no LP, who is also responsible for employee & customer safety. They have lots of LP people in stores that are in good neighborhoods.

Our old LP guy caught someone breaking into a contractor's van. The owner came out and saw the LP struggling with the guy, and punched the theif straight in the face. The theif tried to sue Lowes and the Contractor, and the police for not arresting the contractor for punching him. His case got thrown out faster than I wish I could throw away my bills.

Sadly, at my old store, it was usually contractors who did most of the theft inside the store, and by contractor, I mean some guy whose only credentials are that he owns a pickup truck; no license, crappy workmanship, can't speak proper English if he tried, and works under the table so he can also collect welfare or disability. They gave good contractors a bad name, as corporate sent LP a memo to watch all the contractors. Of course, we could tell the difference between a contractor and a "handyman."

L
I have a very good friend who is a contractor and Manger at the Orange box store near here. He is an ex Navy seal. His employees will report any unusual activity in the parking lot. Very little problems at his store. I will not shop at two other stores in the area due to break ins. Any one who hangs around Steve's store gets run off and they look hard. If I see any one shadow me I run to the parking lot, I am a fool 3 times, ran off thieves 7 times; I don't mind looking like a fool with that ratio. Rod in San Diego

[This message has been edited by livetoride (edited 09-11-2006).]

Link Copied to Clipboard