ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (gfretwell, Scott35), 262 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
T
hi

i installed a sunhouse storage heater and everything was working fine when i left it, but now the heater has stopped working.
there is no voltage at the load side of the thermostat at the top of the heater, but there is at the supply side.
i know these things have thermal cutouts but im not sure what im looking for, so i was wondering if somebody had a picture i could get some idea from and how to reset it if its tripped.

many thanks

matt

Matt,
There should be a small resettable switch on the front of the thermostat.
This is usually wired between the main feed wire and the line side of the thermostat.
Sorry I haven't got a pic to show you, but it should be easy to find, it looks like a small Micro switch.
Turn off the supply before resetting it though!.

Matt,

I don't know if it has any bearing here, but it might be worth mentioning that you're in the UK.

Maybe a model name would help to get some specific info.

Bill

Bill
P
Matt,

There are different configurations. I've seen storage heaters with a separate thermal cutout wired in series while others have one incorporated in the main thermostat body.

You also have some 'stats which are "open"construction and easy to replace the cutout while others are sealed in and the only practical solution is to replace the whole stat.

Link Copied to Clipboard