ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 271 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Certified Electrical Inspector (CEI-R) and Master (CEI-M)

The new Certified Electrical Inspector Programs – Residential and Master are jointly sponsored with the International Association of Electrical Inspectors (IAEI).

The mission of the IAEI/NFPA Certification Program is to promote professionalism within the Electrical Inspector field-of-practice through a widely accepted, respected and professionally sound certification.

Program features

Certification by two of the most recognized international organizations in the electrical inspector industry.

Examination content is job related, and is provided by practicing electrical inspectors.

Computer-based examinations are available five days per week at over 120 sites geographically distributed across the United States.

Re-certification ensures that you maintain your currency and relevancy in the profession.

Who is eligible?

Candidates for certification must have the following levels of education and/or experience:

Certified Electrical Inspector – Residential

High school or GED

Completion of Registered Electrical Apprenticeship Training Program, or
Associate Degree in Electrical Construction Technology (or equivalent), or Journeyman Electrician (or equivalent) or Master Electrician, or BS in Electrical Engineering or PE in Electrical Engineering, or 4,000 hours as an electrician, or 2,000 hours as an electrical inspector

Certified Electrical Inspector – Master

Eligibility requirements are the same as the Residential program with the exception of:

8,000 hours as an electrician, or

4,000 hours as an electrical inspector

It is possible for you to be considered for acceptance as a transfer from other recognized electrical inspector certification programs.

NFPA
Certification Department
1 Batterymarch Park
Quincy, MA 02169
1 800 344-3555

Joe Tedesco

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 09-06-2003).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
S
SJT Offline
Hello Joe,
Is this the same as the IAEI electrical inspectors exam? I had passed all 3 of those, but I'm interested in any other exams that are out there. Thats good, it keeps the head in the books.
Thanks

Link Copied to Clipboard