ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26604 06/16/03 07:30 AM
R
Redsy Offline OP
I have seen the advertisements for about a year, and within the past 2 weeks, would have liked to use it twice(old work).
Nobody stocks it though. Anyone ever use it.

G
I've used it on a few jobs,and it's nice.

Especially on a remodel,when it's a pain to pull even 1 wire. Sure saves some time in certain places.

Most every supply house around here stocks it.

I've never had an ahj complain about the red stripe on one of the grounded conductors,which I thought might be a problem.

Russell

R
Redsy Offline OP
Thanks, GA.
It does seem that this cable violates 200.6(E), but if its use becomes popular, the article may be rewritten to include it.

E
I would love to use it for remote blowers on vent hoods and downdrafts that have 3 speeds. I may check my supply house and put a roll on each truck if it's not too pricey. Also would be good for bath exhaust fans with a heater and light.

E
I use this stuff alot. Seems to be readily available. I ran into some old bx in a house recently that had the same setup red, black, white. white red stripe so I guess it is not a new idea. You can also get romex with black, red, blue, white. Works well for remote blowers.

W
I've used a couple times too. the first batch I got had two white wires in it and had to ring out and mark which was which.
I guess it suppose to have black/white, red/white with red trace in order to pair them.
200.6(E) is a good point but it does have continuous white with a red trace, but I am sure someone will misconstrue somewhere down the line. But for right now it is nice to be able to get a 4 conductor RX.

Wm.colt

Link Copied to Clipboard