ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#26571 06/15/03 08:02 PM
S
stan Offline OP
Lately ive been trying my hand with spas around my area not just the hookup but the internal parts of the spas. I have a question on most hot tubs i have seen they are a fuse which is part of a solid state panel that is located behind the access door. Bythe way this fuse is soldered in,can i remove the fuse and replace with another because if i dont that panel costs around $200 dollars . It would be ashame to replace everything when i think i might can just be able to replace the fuse.

#26572 06/15/03 08:14 PM
N
Fuses (especially those that are soldered in and considered non field-replaceable) rarely blow for no reason. Chances are that the replacement would blow as soon as you power the unit up, unless you track down the defective components (possibly also on the PC board) that caused the fuse to blow.

Replacing internal components in this manner almost certainly voids the warranty on the unit, and opens you up to all kinds of liability in this lawyer-heavy culture.

#26573 06/15/03 08:20 PM
L
LK Offline
Stan, We call the company that made the board and check first to see if it is ok to change the fuse. If you change the fuse you may do more damage to the board, or shift the limitations as to liability from the manufacture to yourself. Best to check first most companies have a toll free number for customer service.

Link Copied to Clipboard