ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 80 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#25859 05/20/03 10:51 PM
L
I would like to know what books (please include author) are best to have (study) before I take my specialty residential electrical exam? Looking for: NEC suggestions; WAC; RCW; and whatever more. Calculations (theory)............etc.

W
Luminate:
Just my opinion when testing, relax and most of all DO NOT pull an all-nighter, before the exam, I always approached exams with the idea that if I dont know it by now,THE night before the exam, I aint gonna know it tomarrow.

Wm.Colt

G
To THE LUMINATOR,

If I may add, I have found it important to study for the particular exam your are about to take. Really it can be a bit of a "game" to study the correct material for that specific test. Example, Block exams are timed in olympic fashion to be failed the first time to generate revenue (my opinion). My strategy was to walk in, take them exam comfortably, see what my weak points were on their questioning then study and finaly retake. Most exams out there confuse and stress even the most experienced electricans.
If you are taking a local exam-pick up your city ordinance and talk to the inspector, he may be a LOT of help. Otherwise Tom Henry, Mike Holt books are great for block exams. Check out their websites. I hope this helps buddy.

Link Copied to Clipboard