ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 386 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#7621 02/12/02 11:04 PM
E
I have spoken with some electricians in the area (Central Mass) and got some feedback on what they are charging. Generally $65 - $80 per hour. (one guy) New construction rates are about $2 - $2.25 per sq foot to code. Add service, recessed lights $75 ea and other extras like closet lights $75.00 each. These seem to be the average around here. The builders are not complaining and there is absolutely no slowdown at all. With reports that the Massachusetts economy is pulling out of the recession, it figures to be an excellent year! Again! It is really beneficial to talk to other contractors and share info on pricing etc. I was charging $55.00 per hour and I never lost a job because of price. Now I know why.

#7622 02/19/02 11:33 PM
S
I don't ever seem to be able to get on very often, usually busy. I may be ready to move though. Here in central MO for residential we are at a max of $40 per hour and there are not many who will do residential work. But if I try to go over $20 an hour it seems people balk, and this is for old work. We too seem to have no slowdown either so maybe this year will be better( thinking of a new truck?).

Link Copied to Clipboard