ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 263 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#208898 02/19/13 11:25 PM
S
Thinking also about trying to make money by "you tube". Beats crawling under houses and in attics. Anyone have success at this? Some of the hits I've seen on some on the videos have been up in the millions shocked If I can get a head camera, I can video in the attics and under houses while I do the work

Last edited by sparkync; 02/19/13 11:26 PM.
maybe if bats come flying at ya smile

T
twh Offline
How do you make money on youtube? I've got some old super 8 film from when I was little. I'll bet pictures of me in a diaper would be worth a fortune.

S
If I am understanding the post right, you want to produce DYI videos for DYI'ers?

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
J

DIY videos for DYIers spells liability!

John
S
No, not exactly. I just want to make money.. smile But, in all honesty, the DIY'ers are going to do it anyway, so at least they will know how to do it right smile You're not going to stop people that's either determine to do it "their" way, or people that do not have the money to pay someone else to do it. But, that all said, I'm not an advocate of DIY'ers. Anyway, I could just put the videos up for entertainment; hearing the grunts and blunders of an old electrician, as he makes his way into the dark hid away chambers of the attics and crawl spaces. I've told my children and grandchildren, I could make a million probably, if I could write a book on my life's adventures as an electrician in 42 years... It would makes some laugh, and some cry, and me RICH smile

Yes, I too think of writing a book, both from my many days with 'tools', and more recently as an inspector. Yes, laugh, cry, be amazed, and be in dis-belief.

Up here in the great Garden State, we have an overabundance of lawyers, need I say more, hence my comment about liability.

Hey, if you can make $$$ from video, why not.

John
S
My post is probably more "dream" than "reality". Just as much as I want to make money "legitimatly"(wrong spelling, I know), there are those out there that are just waiting to sue someone to make money dishonestly:( (In regards to "liability").

Last edited by sparkync; 02/23/13 01:54 PM.
G
The people who really make money on the internet content are people who sell ads.

Greg Fretwell
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard