ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 139 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#203900 10/30/11 03:12 PM
H
How bad did anyone get hit with this early snow storm? In Northern NJ where I am, trees are down all over, power lines are down, I have no power. I lost my power Sat. around 2:00, thank goodness I bought a brand new generator since I lost mine during hurricane Irene. My generator is just a plug in, but that is good enough. I got a big one that runs 45 amps. @ 240 volt. This is just what this area needed. We are just getting back on our feet from Irene. Good luck to everyone.

Sorry to hear that Harold. We are having the warmest Indian Summer I can remember. The trees are only just starting the fall and we are still picking raspberries and strawberries in our garden.

Wood work but can't!
G
Your cold front got down to us too. It was 70 when I woke up brrr!

77 now.

Greg Fretwell
Just a dusting here on LI. It was gone as soon as the sun hit it.

Bill

Bill
Car & truck are ice encrusted this AM; 38 degrees, windy & clear sky.

Brrrr at 70? That's funny Greg!!

Indian summer?? Not this year here. Seems like we are shifting to two seasons!

John
G
I am actually OK down to about 65 but I don't wear a lot of clothes, snow doesn't really scare me.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/colorado/Greg%20snow%20tunnel.jpg

My wife, on the other, hand bundles up like an Eskimo when it is much below 80.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/new_england/Florida%20girl.jpg

Greg Fretwell
H
Greg,

Like you did with your lemons, please send some of your sunshine up north, we can use it. At last total here, we have 10" of snow in my back yard ( elv 600-650' ASL) while at work (only 300' ASL about 5 miles away) they only have 3-4" of snow. When I woke up ( and before I started generator) the temp was 23 deg F. It is suppose to go up to 40 deg today and up to 50-55 deg the rest of the week. I just have to wait for the POCO to get here and get power back on.

W
Parts of my town lost power and are still dead. A tree limb tried to knock down the lines across the street from my place, but the lines stayed up. We have that diamond pattern arrangement with the insulators, about 4 of them between polwes, of 3 phase distribution, 13.8KV I think. The insulation on the wires must be pretty good, they are bunched together at the crotch of a branch of that tree limb. Called the police about it, figuring it was just a matter of a few minutes before the lines would snap and cause a hazard, but they must have been quite busy as they took a while to take a look. It's still like that now, I suppose once the POCO has everyone back on they'll clean it up..

Heard the Gov this AM say 375+k people without power, and it may be Friday before all are restored.

Happy trick or treat!

John
JCP&L had 130k+ people without power early evening tally. Some not expected to have restoration until this weekend! PSE&G is fairing much better I hear.

I have to add that JCP&L has a lot of rural territory in the upper part of the state and a tough job ahead of them.

I'm not aware of any issues down here in Ocean County.

Twp I work in has areas that look like a tornado went thru. The DPW guys will be chipping trees for a long time.

John
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard