ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Haligan Offline OP
I lose more device screws than anyone on the planet. I excel at this in both speed and quantity. I drop them down heating registers, into my clothes, into piles of sawdust, crawlspaces. I haven't swallowed one yet, but it's a matter of time. Sometimes I just put them down and 1 second later they're gone.

I'm adding a new Murphy's law for this. The more unique the fastener, the more likely it will get lost.

W
I agree, in fact I keep every one out of every old device I take out. I just know I will need it someday, the "odd screw and bolt" compatrment in my truck has saved the day more than once.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
T
twh Offline
I lose tools. Attics and crawl spaces are littered with things that fall out of my tool pouches. The only tools I don't lose are the old, dull, stiff spares.

I solved this, by putting them in my pouch. Always have one this way. And for some reason they don t go missing. They only try to escape when you need em and don t have one LOL

Choose your customers, don't let them choose you.
S
The pieces that I collect whenever I find them are the cap screws off wall fixtures. They are apparently a different thread, not a 6 or 8. I was installing a light on the front of a boat house. I dropped the cap in the lake. I have replacements now. Never again.

I had tools stolen a few months back. So when I looked in my truck the other day and realized my fluke meter, amp meter and wiggy were missing, I was disgusted thinking I had been hit again. Two days later I found my wiggy in the front seat under a book, my amp meter I had left at home and my fluke I had left at ace hardware when I wire the propane pump. No thievery, only incompetince on my part. I felt stupid but glad to have my tools back. I also apologize to all the honest people who walked by the truck who I looked at with suspicion.

A lot of my tools have secret legs. This property of tools to go walkies has uncannily coincided with me getting older. This strange phenomenon has also affected my spectacles. I solved it by buying cheap glasses on t'internet. Now, I have up to 48 pairs wandering about al fresco making a pair easy to find. You just lassoo a pair from the herd as it stampedes past, heading for some remote corner of the county. Yeeehaaarrr!

Wood work but can't!
T
I often called our family apartment a black hole... all kinds of stuff can disappear here. Like we have around 6 of those folding metal desk lamps (funnel shaped metal shade on a long folding arm with 3 joints and springs to keep it balanced) but only 2 or 3 of the "feet" needed to clamp them to the desk.

S
i do bad things on ladders

on the bright side, i've developed a rather keen sense of balance

~S~

G
I have never owned a razor knife for more than 24 hours.

B
Hey this really is a feel good thread, I do all of these things and it is reassuring to know I am not the ony one...

I actually have been cleaning up after a job, had tools and garbage in hand, and tossed the whole works into the trashcan! At least before I left the job I had the sense to look in the trash for my “missing tools”.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard