ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#170444 11/03/07 12:49 AM
C
I'm a bit disappointed in the last 3 weeks or so that there is no one in the chat room on Friday nights. I know I've been out of the picture for the last summer time here in Alberta, and haven't had a chance to log on to this site but has something happened that has chased everyone out? I certainly hope not. I always enjoyed the chatter before. Has it migrated to another site? Now that we all have a bit of a "breather" here in Alberta most of us are looking for contacts and forums/discussion networks to help us get our jobs done.

Cheers,

Dave

Check Pilot #170463 11/03/07 06:30 PM
Hi Dave,

You have to realise that the Chat room seems to follow the seasons in the US, by that I mean, usually during the warmer months of the year, there is less participation in the Chat room, however once the weather cools down Chat room numbers seem to increase.

Now, I'm making a huge assumption here, but I would tend to think that folks are trying to get as much done as possible at this time, before the weather really cools down over there and are just too busy to log in.

Chat room numbers about this time of the year are usually quite low and yes it is frustrating if you are looking to have a good chat with someone.

Also, please bear in mind that the Chat room is "open" 24/7 but the chances of finding another person in there at a given time is a hit and miss affair and that is why I started this notification thread.

I don't personally think that anyone has been scared away from the place, at least I would kind of hope that that wasn't the case at all!

I haven't been in there in the last few weekends myself because I'm on the graveyard shift at work in the control room and I'm usually asleep during the day here.

In closing I would like to invite anyone that hasn't tried out the Chat rooms to give it a go, it's a lot of fun, topics vary as people come and go and the chatter is a bit more "loose" than on the Forum here.

Last edited by Trumpy; 11/03/07 06:34 PM. Reason: Typo's
Trumpy #170721 11/09/07 10:33 PM
C
Thanks Mike,

I guess I'm guilty for not getting on the site enough too. You're right, the US ( and of course Canadian summers) are super busy. I sorta forgot that in the frantic pace of our outside summertime work here. Now that things are getting cooler here in the more northern latitudes of North America from 45 degrees north or so, our outside work has just about finished. We're back into the kitchen/basement rewire/reno and new inside installations with the heat on until April now.

One more weekend of outside this week and we are done for the season. It's still hanging around +5 to -5 overnight here in Edmonton and then, as usual it'll get down to the -10 and snow scenario until spring. After that it's all inside stuff we piled up over the summer. Looks like a really good winter season here. We have just the right amount of help now and just the right amount of reno's coming up to keep everybody happy, wealthy, fat and wanting to stick around.

Thanks again Mike for your insight. It should have occurred to me too. See ya and the rest of the gang in the chat rooms more often.

Dave

Check Pilot #171056 11/18/07 02:59 AM
C
The changes to the Chat Room now want me to log in with new password. I tried to log in, after requesting a new password but I'm still getting no response. Any ideas on my obvious finger troubles?

Check Pilot #171063 11/18/07 11:30 AM
L
PW is case sensitive, include caps.

Link Copied to Clipboard