ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#71675 11/04/06 02:23 PM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
PEdoubleNIZZLE

Never got a chance to reply to your post in "Highjacked Moniker" but was your comment "if I ever veture to the UK (Wanna tour Scotland)," serious. If so drop me a line before you come over and we will arrainge to meet. Infact the invitation is open to all who post here on ECN

I live 7 miles east of Stirling In the google maps put in Alloa, clackmannanshire, FK10, Scotland

der Großvater
#71676 11/04/06 03:15 PM
D
Kenbo, scotland is one of those places on our list to visit.

It's on our 2 yr plan, along with Ireland, if anyone is from there.

#71677 11/04/06 07:12 PM
P
I wanna go, but I'll probably have to wait until I get out of college before I'll have that kind of money.

#71678 11/05/06 06:22 AM
P
This is going to sound crazy, but I've never been to Scotland either!

I know, we're next-door neighbors, but despite having been to Ireland, France, Spain, not to mention half way around America, I've never set foot north of Hadrian's Wall.

Funny how we often mever get to the places right on our doorstep, isn't it?

#71679 11/05/06 11:22 AM
P
I did some research, and airfare alone is $700 (US Airways to Boston, Aer Lingus to Shannon, Ryan Air to Edinburgh.) Then I'm not sure where I want to go from there, other than I do know that I want to visit the Scoraig Peninsula (and maybe meet Hugh Piggot. He lives on the peninsula far away from civilization and has a bunch of homemade windmills http://www.scoraigwind.com/ )

It will probably take me a while, but I can save up the extra money I get back from my scholarships. Maybe I can plan a route to visit all the Scottish ECN members.

Any suggestions on a good place to visit?

#71680 11/05/06 02:41 PM
R
I went to Scotland in 1999 and had to do the traintrip from Edinborough to Dundee 3 times via the Firth of Forth and Tay bridges.
(I'm a railbuff to if you already guessed)
Then to Inverness where it was 19°.
This was in September 99.
Also interesting that Scotland has it's own Scottisch Pounds.
People were very friendly these and the beer was great.
Exeptionally good value on a Britrail weekpass which cost me then around 500 NZ$ about 300 US$.

The product of rotation, excitation and flux produces electricty.
#71681 11/05/06 06:33 PM
K
Kenbo Offline OP
Things are changing rapid here on the airline front. There are several direct flights from the states to the UK.

Edinburgh, Glasgow, and Prestwick (also known as Glasgow intrenational) are all within what is know as the "Central belt" of Scotland and most places are within easy reach. Furthest you would have to drive is 4-5 hours to reach the most northerly point on the scottish main land. London is roughly the same driving time becouse of the motorways (I belive you call them freeways)

As for intresting places to visit what is your intrest?
We are home of Golf, Whisky, TV, Tar-Macadam, Dunlop tyers, penicilin, US navey and insect replant (for the midges) as well as having some wonderful sceanery and a lot of history. So bring your camera and some stout walking boots.

Having said that do not forget our neighbours in England. I know they get slagged off but they also have a lot to offer visitors. Their are some great places there you can visit also. I am shure PaulUK can give you some ideas if you wish. York is a lovely place very historic as is Devon and Cornwall.
I am afraid to say I have never visited Wales or Ireland but I do have freinds who say Ireland is a lovely place and the people friendly. Just practice drinking Guinnis before you go.

RODALCO. 19 digrees in September is warm, there is also a steam train that runs in the summer from Glasgow to Malaig

Any one coming to visit give me a shout for current weather updates and the like.

Might even arraing a "Haggis" hunting expidition if they are in season [Linked Image]

Kenny

der Großvater
#71682 11/06/06 09:00 AM
I
"Might even arraing a "Haggis" hunting expidition if they are in season "

Ahh. The ever elusive Haggis. Tough little buggers. They are fast and hard to catch But they taste wonderful!!! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by IanR (edited 11-06-2006).]

#71683 11/06/06 10:45 AM
G
Wow, I`d go both, Scotland and Ireland. Djk can help you out in the area of Cork. [Linked Image]

The world is full of beauty if the heart is full of love
#71684 11/06/06 10:54 AM
D
pauluk, ECN golf outting and fish fry in Scotland?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard