ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
I've always wondered what the switchgear was in Jurassic Park, where they had to go to "the other building" to reset the breakers after they turned off the power to reset the computers. Does anyone have a long enough memory that you remember what kind of switchgear that was?

W
Other switchgear from TV and movie shows:

Don't know about Jurassic Park, but I vaguely remember an eposide of the orginal Star Trek TV show where someone at some mental facility shut off the power to the building, and later turns it back on. Though Star Trek was supposed to be 200+ years in the future, they had a tight production budget and likely just used an existing electrical closet for the scenes above. Something the average person doesn't usually see, but obviously recognizable as a power switch. But not looking like something from Frankenstein movies.

D
If I remember correctly the gear was Westinghouse and the breakers were System power breakers (SPB) insulated case 480v breakers.

L
Speaking of Frankenstein movies, does anyone remember what was stenciled over the third switch ("Not the third switch!") in Young Frankenstein?

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com

Link Copied to Clipboard