ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
K
kojunho Offline OP
just started working with my friends brother. he's an independent electrician. my question is how can i keep track of my hours worked?? i can use these towards my residental certification, right??

E
e57 Offline
As of yet I am not aware of a standard for this... (Like I mentioned before this law is too new, and mismanaged to have thought of such silly things. Like how it all works. [Linked Image] )

If you're in a program, they should have devised some method for this.... [Linked Image] You are in a program now right? You need to be at the very least enrolled in one to work. Legally that is (As far as certification is concerned), hours may not count otherwise.

But for the time being, you may want to break down your hours in a log book in the catagories exactly the same way they are laid out in the requirements, and record them on your own. Also, keep a record of pay vs. hours, pay stubs etc. A few shops I have worked for in the past have kept records in a simular manner for hours. (For refferance reasons)

I'm gonna look a little more into it, and see if I can find anything out.

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 04-11-2006).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
K
kojunho Offline OP
im stilling currently attending the vocational school. i called the local DAS headquaters in san francisco and spoke with someone and told them my situation. they said the school would be okay i just need to fill out the electrician trainee. thanks

E
e57 Offline
Asked around, and not much luck on solid aswers, but it seems school hours will be kept by the scholl, and work hours I get varying answers. But best bet would be as said before. keep your own records, and back them up with paystubs. Wish I could help more....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
S
As a 47 year old 3rd year apprentice with 4200 hours in the state of mass. In this state we have a web site that you can pull a sheet up and your employer fills it out when you leave his or her employment. All my journey man school hours at completion are in 75 block hours. We get a diploma with the hours on it. We need 600 hours of school before we can take the test along with 8000 HOURS OF DOCUMENTED WORK HOURS> Check in the phone book and Im sure their is a Division of Apprentice training. Call them and youll get allthe help you need. PS: Have them fill it out before you get them mad at you.

S
My ending was wrong. What I meant was have your employer fill out the sheet before you leave or before you get them mad at you.

S
You guys might find this link helpful. Although some of the fields have been filled out as a sample, it gives a good indication of what information should be included: http://www.cnc.bc.ca/apprenticetoolkit/pdf/recordbook.pdf

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"
K
kojunho Offline OP
thanks for the link. im pretty sure i can use it to log my hours, rather than a .99 cents notebook.

Link Copied to Clipboard