ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 96 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
Hello,again.

Need help with problem I'm having finding corrosion resistant flourscent floodlights.
Clients' building located 100ft from ocean at high tide. Replaced 500w quartz floods (forty of 'em!)with 42w compact fluorscent floods. Cast alum. housings shed paint in 6 months! Client not happy!

Anyone else got this problem? Thanx!!

D
Most of the stuff here is expensive but most of the products are marine rated. YI did not see any compact flourescent fixtures, so you may want to consider HID (metal halide)
http://www.phoenixproducts.com/Catalog.asp

[This message has been edited by distributor x (edited 03-12-2006).]

X
If you consider changing to a 4' lamp, I've used a fixture from Lithonia that should meet your needs. It has a watertight fiberglass housing and a gasketed lens.

V
We use metal halide fixtures from Rude Lighting on projects next to the ocean here. They seem to hold up really well. On cheaper jobs we get the compact flourscent with all plastic housing, from RAB, the only problem is the lenses tend to fog after a while. Rod

S
The lights from rab are all plastic they hold up the best.Nothing lasts forever in that type of marine envirnoment.I tr yto stay away from anything with potted metal or galvanized.Using cold galv spray can help a litte too.

G
Just how much ($$$) do they want to avoid changing the fixtures over and over and over???
http://www.pauluhn.com/index.htm

Just be sure you're sitting down when you get the quote.

Ghost307
Cat Servant
Near me is a company that makes diving boards- the aluminum ones used in the olympics. What, with salt water pools, and pool chemicals in the rest, corrosion is a given!

They use an epoxy paint on the boards; other hardware is "hard anodized."

Perhaps you can find a shop in your area willing to do either? While epoxy can be in any color, the "hard anodize" color is completely dependent on the aluminum alloy, and may come out blagk, grey, or even a dark 'army' green.

C
Thanks for all your responses.
I'll be able to resolve this issue now!

Chuck

Link Copied to Clipboard