ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
F
frank Offline OP
How do i get in touch with amprobe.The peizio buzzer in my meter came unglued and slide across the solder joints for the probe sockets on the pc board.I was using the continuity function to ring out wires when i realized there was no tone and the meter kept zeroing.
I'm seriously pissed.I had just been using this meter for troubleshooting a live 600V motor starter and five minutes later i find the probes are shorted.If not for the grace of god i could have been seriously hurt.The METAL buzzer is glued to the back of the meter case and two springs press against it to make electrical contact.Someone is going to get hurt!.I showed it to an EE and he could not believe his eyes.
What should i do?I lost the bill,can't get ahold of amprobe and people need to be know this.The meter is an Amprobe pro 10.If you have one good luck with it.It's been retired after 5 months of service ,im out 140 Canadian and back to using my old fluke with the plastic dixie buzzer.Anyone else had this happen?
Until this happened i loved this meter as i had all the functions i needed and nicely took the place of my fluke 12 and 36 meters.
O-well I'm still alive and not disfigured so i guess it's not all bad.

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 12-17-2005).]

J

Link Copied to Clipboard