ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46659 12/30/04 06:33 AM
A
AZSam Offline OP
Meeting yesterday w/Mayor, council, attorney, inspector, EC, county representatives.
Result: Inspector transferred to Public Works Dept., housing inspections to be subordinated to county effective 01/03/05. Litigation negated. Electrical at home in question subject to my approval.
Ain't politics wonderful?
Sam

#46660 12/30/04 06:56 AM
A
AZSam Offline OP
This was not one big meeting as my post may imply. There were meetings and conferences from 0900 hrs until 2000 hrs, sometimes quite contentious. In my opinion the big loser was civility among adults and political pressure.
Sam

#46661 12/30/04 02:09 PM
B
Sometimes on the big playground of life even the principal and school board are ill-equipped to deal with a scuffle.

Isn't politics great? In politics and public service the very first thing you learn is that the whole system or concept is based on compromise. It's the cornerstone philosophy as well as the marching orders.

Without the specific goal (or order) of having the entities or individuals develop or maintain a working, functional professional relationship, the compromise is often 'constructive discharge' (meaning being sent away or to another post even if it was known that the person caused the original problem) where the problem may arise again but in a slightly different form or the compromise may mean changing the basis of power or influence into something different than its original form - like having the person continue to inspect but his report has little or no weight in whether the job is allowed to proceed or pass.

So, is the inspector just going to inspect commercial or county jobs and you'll do the residential? Does the county's insurance carrier have any input or was their coverage considered?

#46662 12/30/04 04:18 PM
A
AZSam Offline OP
The inspector is transferred to Public Works (roads, sanitation, maintenance of public grounds, etc). My responsibility is for the one house that precipitated the confrontation. The county will assume all building inspection jurisdiction in the city and collect the fees. City will have no participation. I believe that part is great as the county has qualified inspectors and have demonstrated no favoritism or animosity to any trade whether from the county or elsewhere. The agreement between city/county is for one year. We'll see how things work.
Sam

Link Copied to Clipboard