ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#25928 05/24/03 01:32 AM
E
elecbob Offline OP
Last weekend I worked with a couple who wanted to wire their basement remodel themselves but were a little short on knowledge. I had them drill, nail boxes, and pull wire while I installed a sub-panel and straightened up the mess of wiring in the ceiling. Today I received the payment inside a thank you card. Here's what the lady wrote in the card:
Bob
It was great meeting you after the many nice things Rick and Becky (previous customers) had to say about you. We appreciate your patience with our "helping"
You did a fantastic job and we're just so happy with it.
Chuck and Lynn
When I get one of these notes I put it on the refrigerator under a magnet. In the morning when I get the milk for my coffee I read one of them.
Yes I am gloating a little but I read so many bitchy posts about customers on this board I wanted to start a thread that is more positive. Do any of you guys have similar stories to tell? Come on guys. Dig out a letter and share it with us.
Don't you just love those gift certificates to restaurants?
bob

#25929 05/24/03 08:03 AM
Bob,

Here's one I found a few years ago .. [Linked Image]

>>>>>>>>
ZZZZZZ ELECTRIC CO.
Y STREET STATION
ANYTOWN, USA

Dear Sir:

I am writing this letter to thank you for the services rendered by your able employees. You will be pleased to learn that their timeliness easily outpaced that of any other workers employed by me. Indeed, they topped the record set by my plumber last month, when their scheduled 8:30 a.m. arrival occurred before noon twice in one week.

Also commendable were their efforts to minimize personal phone calls, visits from friends, beer breaks, and afternoon trips to Home Depot for unexpectedly needed items such as wire and a screw driver. This allowed each of them to put in a good three hours of work every day. Moreover, they were most agreeable when asked to shorten their lunch break to two hours, and made every reasonable effort to remove the pizza sauce from my living room rug.

Indeed, your staff's concern about cleanliness was consistently impressive. Within minutes of blasting new holes into our plaster walls they remembered to protect the floors. And although they occasionally left for the day without cleaning up the plaster, broken glass, and cigarette butts, their argument that it would only get messy again was quite persuasive.

I must confess to having heard some language last week that brought a slight blush to my cheeks. However, arguments between your supervisor and his assistant were, in the main, kept to a minimum. Only once did they come to blows, and my husband and a brawny friend were soon able to pull them apart. Fortunately for all concerned, hospitalization was not required, and our antique grandfather's clock is, thankfully, repairable.

Of course, the addition of several electric lines did create an unexpected bit of excitement. But most lines are functioning properly now and have been removed to their proper locations. How clever of your workers to think of enhancing the facade of our house with L-shaped metal piping, instead of burying the pipes in the hallway closet!

While I was initially disturbed by all the boxes and debris your workmen left behind in their zeal for an early weekend, their foresight was most fortuitous. Had I not been forced to recycle and dispose of everything myself, I would still be searching for my missing warranty cards. And they will certainly come in handy, should it turn out that my air conditioners' failure to work is not due to faulty installation.

I would be remiss not to thank you for delivering the equipment catalogues yesterday with your invoice. They made for delightful reading and would have been most useful and edifying earlier in the month.

As for your invoice, there remains the issue of certain adjustments for actual hours worked, time spent correcting errors, malfunctioning equipment, damages, etc. I expect to be in your neighborhood next Wednesday and would be happy to discuss your bill at that time. In fact, let me take the liberty of scheduling an appointment. You may expect me any time between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.

Sincerely,

Madeleine Begun Kane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copyright Madeleine Begun Kane
<<<<<<<<

couldn't resist.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#25930 05/24/03 08:20 AM
E
I have a wall where I hang the good letters (there are a whole bunch!). This really helps my wife understand just how great I am! [Linked Image]

#25931 05/24/03 08:20 AM
Bob,

Seriously though, I have had some positive experiences with situations working together with a Customer.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#25932 05/24/03 09:35 PM
That's a cool letter Bill.
Enjoyed reading that one!. [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard