ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#24472 04/13/03 02:26 PM
E
Edward Offline OP
What do you guys do when you have scheduled clients and the rain messes up the schedule?
do you bump the current week to next week and next week to the following week?
wht do you do in this case?
how do you schedule the current clients so you dont mess up next weeks schedule?

Edward

Thanks
Edward
#24473 04/13/03 04:51 PM
S
Keeping to a set schedule is virtually impossible. Things come up, projects run behind, it rains, snows, guys get sick...etc...All you can do is call your clients and tell them your running a couple of days behind schedule...the main thing is to keep contact and not ignore the situation.

#24474 04/13/03 05:43 PM
E
We do anything posible to keep the schedule without making our problem become their problem. If it's weather related, try to move a dry job to the rain day and move the rain day to the dry(hopefully) day. This way you don't inconvience every customer for weeks to come. I wish I could say we had an extra crew to take up the slack if one or 2 of the guys is "sick", but usually we are over booked. In any case, we will work as much overtime as needed to keep the schedule. Customers sometimes take off work and don't take kindly to being called up with little or no notice to cancel or rescedule.

#24475 04/15/03 09:09 PM
It is impossible to stay strictly to a schedule, but with no schedule, you would be in bad shape. I wished that I had an easy answer. Rain kills me. I, as a general rule, usually "push my schedule back" unless I have some task that must be completed on a particular day. If I can work in a location that is not affected by rain, I'll do it, but in our line of work, there aren't many places like that.

Checking my schedule for my next post,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
#24476 04/15/03 09:26 PM
R
As already said, the best laid plans of mice and men will fail. I know everyone here has burnt the candle at both ends trying to keep up to no avail. [Linked Image]

This will never change. I agree that you have to shuffle jobs that can be worked with jobs that can't.

On larger jobs that have weather days allowed for in the contract documents, you must use these and ask for them in writing.

On the smaller jobs it is still a good idea to write a letter to the customer if the delays go on more than you can compensate for.

This is a record for both you and the customer for back up.

I know this doesn't solve the dilemma, sorry.

Roger

#24477 04/16/03 10:46 AM
W
Do not go gentle into that good Night...
Rage, rage..
And then call them and explain the problem, I have found that a phone can do wonders, and they respect that, ie you had the forthought to think ahead and let them know, We have all heard complaints from customers about other contractors that dont show up, or my personal favorite is , well he was here last week.
Customer relations is what it is all about.

Wm.Colt

Link Copied to Clipboard