ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#20350 01/13/03 06:22 PM
H
Lots of estimating questions lately...

Well, here's one more:
My partner and I are spedning the entire day tomorrow trying to gt a bid together for an interior fit-up. We've got the plans and specs, etc. I am wondering if anyone has a template, outline, anything describing a general format.

I can spend all day pricing materials and figuring hours and overhead and whatnot but how much info does the contractor want from me? That's what I am struggling with. I'm used to pending a lot of time writing proposals for a large engineering firm and those involve resumes, qualifications, company write-ups, etc. But I don't want to waste my time with that stuff if its going to do more hurt than good.

At any rate,
if this is something folks aren't comfortable posting here feel free to e-mail me. I would really appreciate the help.

#20351 01/13/03 06:46 PM
Happy:
Most GC's that I deal with are interested in one thing; the price.

My proposal/bid consists of an outline of the work, as interperted from the prints/specs, a list of fixtures, mfg & model, and the wiring methods that are being used. Sometimes, we list the number of switches/recept/etc. We also list switchgear, panels, etc., and attach cuts.

I use an excel spreadsheet for the numbers, and sometimes include that with the proposal/bid.

Lately, we have been doing a lot of design/build and T&M work, which is a good thing; less paperwork.
If I can help you any further, e-mail me
John

John

Link Copied to Clipboard