ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 405 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
I
I thought that the 3ft clear zone req. only applied to commercial/industrial?

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

H
If you have an existing house with a panel in a "closet", what if you made them enclose the electrical panel inside of another "closet"? This way if there are sparks from the panel, the "smaller closet" around the panel will catch the sparks from falling onth "junk". Another way to look at it might be, having an electrical closet within a closet. Wouldn't that be safer? (Just a thought.)

T
If you have an existing house with a panel in a "closet", what if you made them enclose the electrical panel inside of another "closet"? This way if there are sparks from the panel, the "smaller closet" around the panel will catch the sparks from falling onth "junk". Another way to look at it might be, having an electrical closet within a closet. Wouldn't that be safer? (Just a thought.)
I dont see how an extra door would help with the work space in front of a panel. As a practical matter I would not be able to ask a homeowner to clear out a closet just to do testing. Working in cramped or cluttered conditions just raises the likelihood of an injury causing mistake.
--
Tom Horne

Tom Horne

"This alternating current stuff is just a fad. It is much too dangerous for general use" Thomas Alva Edison
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard