ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
Hello, I am a small electrical contractor in New Martinsville, WV. I have been asked to do some work at a small local theater that is planning on hosting a small radio program on a regular basis in the future. The problem is that we need some lit signs, to be visible to the crowd, saying: "On Air" and "Applause". Any help on where I might find something of this nature would be helpful. Thank you for your time.

W
electricwonder
Many exit light companies offer custom wording on units. If you don't find a company stocking what you need, have your electrical distributor check this option for you. Hope this helps.
watthead

D
electricwonder
You could also check out a local sign company and have them make a sign on a piece of plexaglass that would fit into a exit sign you buy from your distribitor.
Or the sign company could be one that cuts out vinyl lettering and have them use white vinyl and put it on the red lens that comes with the exit sign and dicard the white metal piece that came with the exit sign.
Dan

C
Sounds stupid but....have you tried searching online?

Peter
B
What using an older low-res monitor and PC? Older versions of Windows allow control of font size and color.

(Maybe an old Commodore or Apple 2 would even work.)

E
Wow... thanks for all the feed-back... I like the exit sign idea, with a new face. I have someone at the local supply house looking for what I need, but I'm also going to have to keep things low budget. I have tryed to search online, but with no success. We'll see what we can come up with, but keep the ideas comeing! Thanks again.

H
Take a look at BroadCast Supply Worldwide http://www.bswonline.com/public/ they have a full line on Studio Equipment that you are looking for. On Air signs and the such.
Hal

Link Copied to Clipboard