ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 539 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Just replaced four wet niche lights in a pool that was being resurfaced. The original installation included aluminum niches that were grounded in addition to the #12 ground in the niche cable. We copied the installation, which included a #8 ground wire bonded to the aluminum niches AND the ground within the cable. Overkill, perhaps, but a good idea IMHO.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

G
Yup I was wrong. I have found some cables with 14ga all around. I do have some with 14/14/12 ground tho. I think they are Pentair Amerlight cords.

Greg Fretwell
G
Greg- Your a Class Act. It takes a classy guy to admit they are wrong. I have learned that this forum is monitored by a lot of sharp code guys. I too have been found in error on occasions on this forum. I guess that's how we learn. Between the IAEI and this forum I keep pretty muchnup to date [Linked Image]

George Little
H
Greg,

You are a classy guy, I've known it for years. I too feel that when you can admit that you made a mistake, It makes a bigger person out of us. I have told a few contractors, that I made a mistake. You'll feel better about it. I always tell the contractors out there that I inspect, "If you have a problem with my call, talk to me. I might have made a mistake. Let's talk it out." We usually come to an agreement on how the code section should be enforced.

G
Anyone who is not willing to learn by their mistakes are doomed to make more mistakes.
Inspectors, more than anyone, have to be willing to admit when they get one wrong and learn by it. This is the only way we can remain credible.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard