ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Hi.... I am not a contractor but i have been trying to find out a few question about building codes here in Tucson. Where do i begin? I just bought this house a few months ago. It is 2 years old and was bought from the contractor who built it and who also lived in it..Every time i turn around i find problems with the electrical, plumbing etc. I have had irrigation people out here and they say that who ever put it in were amatuers...Any way what recourse do i have? Is aluminum wiring permitted in Arizona? I know they did away with that years ago in Calif....Thanks.....
Frustrated in Tucson.....

Also when i call him it's like everything was ok when he was living in it..........

R
Ron Offline
Is it an aluminum electrical service (thick wire in panel) or is the small wiring going throughout the house aluminum?
In NY, the seller is required to disclose any deficiencies.

Ron
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Pima Community College offers a night class on local codes. The instructor is a county building inspector. I took the class two years ago and it was well worth the time. He will answer all your questions.
Brian in Tucson

S
OR hire an unbiased licensed contractor ( maybe from out of town) as to His/Her opinion.........

R
I don't think that aluminum wire in sizes for 15 or 20 amp branch circuits has been sold in the US in the last 15 years.
Don(resqcapt19)

Don(resqcapt19)

Link Copied to Clipboard