Same boat here. I work midnites also and do mostly service calls during the day. After working all night I don't want to give my extra time away. I charge what I think the jobs worth period. If I make a fair profit on the jobs I do get I still think myself and the other full time Electricians in my area are all better off.
I don't get every job I bid either, I suppose they'll always be someone a little hungrier than I am, but I can't let that affect what my services are worth. I adjust my prices to at least twice what my full time jobs pays per hour. This does make me competitive with most everyone else around here. I too wish that I could do this full time and hope to soon, but maybe my failure to bid jobs a little lower has slowed my goal somewhat but I still can get my price on enough work to stay part time busy. The phone still ring every day or so.
Oh, on the subject I priced changing out a 200 amp fuse panel to a square D QO 40 circuit panel to a guy the other day for $1200 and he seemed to think that was too much, so I told him to call around that he had my number.

Lighting the way