ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Jim M Offline OP
ElectricAl,

No, this is 3 20a circuits for 4 receptacles. Both say they get ready at the same time with blower dryers etc, so theres 2 ckts. The third is for a coffee maker on the vanity.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

E
Heh! [chuckle] [Linked Image][/chuckle]

That vanity has more power than most kitchen counters complete!!!

Al Hildenbrand
E
If they can spell it out in the handbook why the heck not in the regular book. I would use the 20 amp circuit and gfi protect it anyway but why leave it somewhat vague. I worked in a house that has a toilet in the bedroom, and sink and tub separated from this area. 20 amp? gfci protected?

E
e57 Offline
It has a toilet.... It ia a bathroom! But, you can take the load side of your many GFI's in the other bath room down to feed this one. You've got almost 10,000 watts of power up there. I'm sure none will be missed.
Is there going to be anything large used in this other bathroom while they "get ready"?

[This message has been edited by e57 (edited 11-04-2003).]

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
J
Jim M Offline OP
Yes, upstairs will have the teenage daughter at the same time.

D
Jim - this is just some informational feedback regarding an experience I just had at home.
Just bought an older home so there is no dedicated 20A ckt in bath. The smaller master bath has a sit-down dressing area next to the bath. We get up in the morning, turn on a 12.5A space heater in the bath, bath lights (120w), in the dressing area (we found out later was connected to the bath circuit) is a 6w clock radio and a 300w hair curlers appliance that gets turned on before we take a shower...getting out of the shower we turn on a 1440w hair dryer....everything works fine, no blown breaker....on a 15A circuit!! Reason - this is an 'overload' and breakers take time to heat up and 'trip'. Before the breaker has time to heat up enough to trip the circuit we are done showering/prepping and the appliances are turned off. I didn't find out about the 15A circuit until our hair dryer died and my wife replaced it with a 1875w unit....that was just enough to push it over the edge and trip the breaker. I've since installed a dedicated 20A GFCI receptacle in the bathroom for the 12.5A space heater and the 1875w hair dryer.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard