ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (gfretwell), 32 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#85956 08/22/03 07:30 AM
T
In the thread Interesting Lights , Ryan_J had asked a question about lights a contractor wished to use.

Relative to the UL tag, iwire wrote:

make sure the contractor does not rip these off before you see them

This could be a whole thread topic itself!

So, here's the thread. (This is not meant to give anybody ideas, though!)

It's a shame how some folks will try to sneak things by.

I saw two guys stop in a contractor's van by the corner yesterday. They started to unload about 15 bags of garbage plus some pieces of wood and metal. (It was garbage collection day.)

A couple of people came over to ask what they were doing. They said they had to change a flat. Apparently, by some miracle, the flat fixed itself 'cause they re-loaded their garbage and pulled away in somewhat of a hurry [Linked Image]

My neighbor would have been fined if that stuff sat their and the garbage collection didn't take it. (No construction debris is permitted at the curb around here...)

I guess that GC doesn't want to pay for a dumpster.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#85957 08/22/03 09:18 AM
R
I think one of the difficult things about being an inspector is knowing where to draw the line between being presumptuos and being naive. I only wish it were black and white. I did a house the other day and was speaking with the builder. His framer had been with him for 6 years with no problem. On this house he got his money and dissapeared without a trace. I guess you never can tell. [Linked Image]

Ryan Jackson,
Salt Lake City
#85958 08/23/03 09:00 PM
R
Ron Offline
On a regular basis I will review a submittal for flour. light fixtures that have ballasts and lamps that are not compliant with the specifications. After rejecting the submittal, the proper submmittal is issued and approved. During the punch, I enevitably see a packing slip, box, or decide to check the lamps and ballast on one sample fixture for the whole layout; and find that the cheapo ballast and lamps that I rejected are installed.
I don't lose too much sleep when I have them replace the lamps and ballasts on hundreds of fixtures. The only down side is that the installer gets annoyed with me, but he should be annoyed with his employer (or project manager)

Ron

Link Copied to Clipboard