ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
E
This is a rather unique situation so please let me set this up correctly.

This is for a Streetscape project where decorative streetlights run down both sides of the street. The lighting circuit is unmetered by the utility and I don't think it is in question. There are 4 duplex recepticals at the base of each light and each half is protected by a GFI Breaker.

The meter and panel structure were installed mid block near the sidewalk(above ground). Property owner changed heart and refused to give easement. Meter was moved 100 feet back from sidewalk to alley and underground feeder ran from meter point to end of block to main street and back to center of block near sidewalk (original location). Electrical panels were mounted in a concrete vault under the sidewalk and is accessible by manhole cover. Electrical panels have 20 - 20 amp circuit breakers and a 300 amp main disconnect. Is an additional disconnect required at the meter?

Who would ever know what it controlled and why would it be necessary? These recepticals are only going to be energized 1 or 2 weekends for festivals. Other times the service will be OFF.

thanks

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Z
No disconnect needs to be added. The conductors that go underground to the vault and panel are still service entance conductors, from the meter.

Shoot first, apologize later.....maybe

Link Copied to Clipboard