ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/22/24 10:36 AM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 211 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
I don't have the NFPA code right now, but I have used the NFPA section on wastewater treatment plants. I have had to inspect wet wells and sewage ejector pumps. I have to check that section on how hazardous an area is. I also needed to know how many air changes where required to lower the classification of an area.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

P
Bill

In New York State, we now have to follow the state code, it supercedes the NEC. So for some of the members here that is going to be a consideration. Especially since there are 8 separate documents to reference. Actually it is not that simple, depending on the occupancy and the type of work being performed, the NYS code rules sometimes, and the NEC rules sometimes. HMMMM !!!

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
P
Just for a thought.
In the NYS code, there are rules that tell us 'how' to drill and notch for cables and raceways, it gives actual dimensions for lumber size. How about stairway lighting, it mandates that the landing at the top and the bottom of the stairway have to have a 'light source located adjacent to the landing'. (that might not be the exact wording, my copy is at work)
Except NYC, in single family homes the AFCI protection is not required. Also the AHJ is the Building Official. Let me tell you some of the guys went off the wall when they heard that. And to end your misery, some of the building officials have been overiding the Electrical Inspectors, AFTER THE SHEETROCK has been installed!
I see changes in the air.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
In New York State, we now have to follow the state code, it supercedes the NEC.
Pierre,

I think this is more common than many people realize. It makes sense though. The adopted Building codes lay out the requirements for all work within occupancies including the Electrical work.

In another recent thread here we discussed some ways that the NEC is adopted in areas.

Bill

Bill

Bill
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard