ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 277 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#84453 04/01/03 08:28 PM
R
Randy Offline OP
need help finding test questions & answers for the master's exam i'm taking within the next 2 months. not too pricey please.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#84454 04/01/03 11:01 PM
S
If you are worried about the cost of a few books that will make you smarter and better at your profession you probably won't ever be a very good electrician.

Where are you taking the test? Did the testing agency give you any ideas as to study guides? That's usually the best source to get material closely related to the difficulty of the test you are about to take.

If that doesn't help look for books by Tom Henry. He's located in Florida. Also the IAEI books are not bad either.

Don't skimp on being an excellent electrician by limiting your knowledge because a book is expensive. No matter how expensive a book that teaches you something is, it's the best money you'll ever spend.

#84455 04/01/03 11:36 PM
Randy,

You can get Books with many hundreds of practice questions w/answers for $25 - $60.
We sell some here in our store (Link on Left)

Bill

Bill
#84456 04/02/03 10:39 AM
B
Steve,

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to be frugal with your money. Study guides with practice question and answers are nothing more than a vehicle to help you pass an exam. Study guides are fantastic tools, but all of the knowledge that is important is in the NEC. If a study guide is such a great tool and is supposed to make you smarter and better at your profession, I challenge you to give me one instance after you took the examination that you referenced the study guide instead of the NEC to help you solve a code issue?

#84457 04/02/03 09:21 PM
R
Randy, I agree with Steve and Boxford.

If you do pass your exam with borrowed reference material, you will wish you had access to it again at some (many times) time in the future. Do buy your research material, but shop around. As Steve said, Tom Henry has excellent prep material, you can also look at Mike Holt and James Stallcup.

But for an online exam go here http://www.mikeholt.com/examprep.php?id=examprepelectricalmaster

I think you have to pass the online journeymans exam before you can take masters exam.

Good Luck

Roger

Link Copied to Clipboard