ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 821 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
lol yeah that true why not get joe t there and he will raise roit act to that person whom did the mess you can tell that person who did it better move the butt fast before someone will start swearing no matter what langunge it will come put it will be the same thing hé hé anyway merci for the pic and display about the 2 wire trallvérs grrrrrrrrr that is very dangeous stuff and my responde to the 2 wire trallver is C'EST UN DESORDE !!!! ZUT (damm) but i did ran that mess before it drive me nuts
merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

W
What if he uses 2 pieces of romex for his travelers, which leaves a spare? You may not be able to see the other label
Does this guy know you are taking pictures of his work?. I'd be POed unless permission was granted.

[This message has been edited by walrus (edited 03-17-2003).]

S
Thanks for the pix Virgil [Linked Image]

It is a mess, yet a very common mess, one i'm more than familiar with.

Guess i gotta look up 300.20 on that 3w !
[Linked Image]

As a contractor , there is simply a definitive line bettween what 'they did' and what 'i do' that i point out billing wise when i walk onto these sort of jobs.

You see i blame both sides, those that produce ivory tower laws without enforcement are just as bad as those that ignore them.

I've seen no crusade to curtail any of these installations, as a matter of fact, i see them more frequently now that 15 yrs ago due to the BV & HD mentality.

Many contractors have no choice but to become complacent here, the powers that be advocate this sort of thing by thier silence.

Screw them all i say, my kids gotta eat.

I
walrus,

300.3(B) all conductors of the same circuit and the grounded conductor where used shall be in the same raceway or cable.

Bob Badger
Construction & Maintenance Electrician
Massachusetts
walrus:

Nope, didn' seek permission, and let him be pissed. Ya wanna see pissed? I'm pissed because this guy drives a 2003 Ford F-350 and I drive a 1985 Nissan "Hardbody" that will not pass inspection and must be somehow replaced next month.

My net for last year? <$12K.
He spent more than that on his truck!

This guy has not spent $40 on a copy of the NEC. This guy has not spent $250 on torquing tools, this guy has not spent an hour or two every evening on ECN. This guy is not even an electrician!

Thank you very much.

Besides, this is a message to all:

Everyone has permission to take pictures of MY work. Please, feel free, all of my work is something I am proud of... If you would be POed to have pictures taken of your work, then perhaps your work is substandard and you should consider another career option. It seems that if one would be embarrassed to show the world an example of their work, then that speaks volumes of the quality of said work, don'cha think?

That is all.

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 03-17-2003).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
S
Staples! Are cable staples that expensive? NO!

Question, what is that yellow-jacket cable normally used for? Standard ROMEX is white and grey is used for underground feed, correct?

Virgil, why won't a truck from 1985 pass the fumes test? Is rebuilding the engine even an option?

R
iwire,
What about 300.3(B)(3)?
Don

Don(resqcapt19)
L
SvenNYC

as i said in the above post.new romex is now color coded.
white is #14.
yellow is #12.
orange is #10.
not sure on #8 or #6

I
Sven, I do not work with much NMC but the new stuff is yellow for 12/2 and I have seen orenge but do not know the size.

I do use a lot of MC and that is starting to come with color codes, check out this site and you will find The "Rainbow ID system"
http://www.afcweb.com/

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
I
Yes, you are right Don, judging from the skill level shown in the pictures I am sure this gentleman knows how to apply 300.20(B).

Do you run 2 - 2 wire NMCs for travlers?

Bob

[This message has been edited by iwire (edited 03-17-2003).]

Bob Badger
Massachusetts
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard